Montag, 22. Juli 2013

Monday Morning Star Count

Two posts within such a short span of time? Hummm... yeah. I'd rather have some things separate. I spent much time thinking on how I can take you on the journey of my present EPP piece, the one I mentioned two posts before. As it is custom in Germany, when you enter a quilt into a competition, you are not permitted to show the quilt on a blog. Stupid rule, but that's what they say.
I figured though, that using a part of the the computerized design - in "false colours" - wouldn't give too much away.
So. here we are with my first MMSC:



We're up to 41 pieces now, 23 pieces during the last week.

Linking up with Jessica of Life Under Quilts, for the Monday star count.

8 Kommentare:

  1. Amazing! How long do we have to wait for the big reveal?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. If I make "final thirty" - which I sincerely hope - it will be the evening (MEST) of October 11th.
      If I don't make it, I can do the "big reveal" during the last week of September.

      Löschen
    2. fingers crossed you make it!

      Löschen
  2. Even if it's secret, we can cheer you on. How big is it? Viel Spass! JJ

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. It's going to be 60cm x 60cm, roughly 24" x 24", I'll have to count how many pieces I will have to sew, though ;) To give you an idea: the pattern is based on a 1.5" 72° diamond and what you see here is about... an eight to one seventh of what I'll have to do.

      Löschen
  3. This is so lovely...cannot wait for the big reveal.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. It's a beautiful design! I love seeing the variety of different shapes and patterns quilters use in their English Paper Piecing.

    AntwortenLöschen

Thanks for dropping by. Even more thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. Have a nice day!